The Green Burial Masterclass is a 12-week professional development training course for anyone interested in managing a natural burial cemetery.
Lee Webster and Holly Blue Hawkins are the lead instructors. This duo is as qualified as anybody to teach to teach the course: Lee is the Director of New Hampshire Funeral Resources, Education & Advocacy. She is emeritus President of National Home Funeral Alliance, and emeritus board member for Green Burial Council. Holly Blue is a member of the Gamliel Institude faculty and Rosha Chevra Kadisha school and runs a green burial site. She is a past board member of the Funeral Consumers Alliance of California.
But they don’t know everything. So they’ve invited dozens of friends, colleagues, mentors, and contemporaries to teach with them. The list of co-instructors for the Green Burial Masterclass is worthy of your attention. Check it out:
- Joe Sehee – Founder, Green Burial Council
- Jeff Masten – Landmatters
- John Christian Phifer – Larkspur Conservation
- Joshua Slocum – Funeral Consumers Alliance
- Sara Brink – Foxfield Preserve
- Megan Sawyer – Life Forest
- Laura Starkey – Heartwood Preserve Conservation Cemetery
- Heidi Hannapel – Landmatters
- Freddie Johnson – Prairie Creek Conservation Cemetery
- Amy Cunningham – Fitting Tribute Funeral Services
- David Ponoroff – Larkspur Conservation
- Laura Faessel – Penn Forest Natural Burial Park
- Mel Bennett – Life Forest
- Tanya Marsh – Wake Forest University School of Law
- Jack Goodnoe – Landscape Architect
- Char Carpenter Barrett – A Sacred Moment Funeral Services
- Cody Sanders – Harvard University, Old Cambridge Baptist Church
- Candace Currie – Green Burial Massachussetts
- Jodie Buller – White Eagle Memorial Preserve
- Mary Ann Perry – The Forest Conservation Burial Ground
- Suzanne Willow – The Forest Conservation Burial Ground
- Jennifer Downs – Green Burial Association of Maryland
- Bill Gupton – Heritage Acres Memorial Sanctuary
- Kimberley Campbell – Ramsey Creek Preserve
- Dr. Billy Campbell – Ramsey Creek Preserve
- Carlos Gonzale – Prairie Creek Conservation Cemetery
- Jeff Hodes – Cemetery Management Solutions
Dig into their profiles. Explore their company websites. These are many of the leaders of the green burial movement.
If you like what you see, consider learning more about the Green Burial Masterclass and register to begin learning from and alongside this accomplished group.